What’s New + How To Download, Install, Activate and Update Revit 2021
Revit 2021 is out now! All other Autodesk 2021 software should be out soon as well. Customers with a current maintenance plan and/or subscription can download 2021 from your Autodesk Account whenever you are ready. However, please check out the System Requirements page for Revit 2021 first, to make sure your machine is compatible. I will include download, installation, activation, update instructions below in this post.
- Login to your Autodesk Account
- Go to “All products & Services”
- Open the contract with your license that you wish to download (>)
- For individual products or Design Suites: Click “view downloads”. For Industry Collections click “view [included] items”
- For Industry Collections: Open the product you wish to download from the list (>) and click “view downloads”
- On the “downloads” tab, choose your release year, platform and language from the drop down. If the big blue button says “install now” or “download now” click “view all” and then click “browser download. “If/when the big blue button says “browser download” click it to start the download. Make sure your pop-up blocker is set to “always allow” the multiple part file download from this website
- When the files are done downloading, go to the folder where the downloads saved (default: “downloads” folder) in File Explorer. Make sure that all the files in the series are in the folder. You can tell how many parts there are in the series based on the file names. The second number after the 001_ shows how many parts there should be (ie. Revit_2021_English_Win_64bit_dlm_001_006.sfx.exe)
- Look at the file names, and double click part “001” to start the extraction. You can tell which is part 001 based on the file name (ie. Revit_2021_English_Win_64bit_dlm_001sfx.exe)
- Follow the prompts on the screen to extract the files to your C drive (default: C:\Autodesk)
- After the extraction, the larger installation wizard will pop up. Then click “Install”
- “Accept” the terms and conditions and click “next”
- Click “install” to install to the default location shown, or click “browse” and choose an alternative location, then click “install”
- After the installation is done, just click “launch now”
- Open the software for the first time after the installation
- Follow the prompts on the screen to activate your software. You can tell what type of software activation method your license uses in your Autodesk account on the “all products and services” page, open your software (>) and the information will be listed there.
- If you have a single user “sign in” license, click “single user” then “sign in”
- If you have a single user “serial number” license, click “single user” then “click enter serial number”
- If you have a multi-user license, click “multi-user”, click “specify license server system”, enter your server name, and click “finish”
After the installation and activation, please install the latest license service hotfix as well, to ensure there are no licensing errors received after rebooting.
What’s New In Revit 2021:
Revit 2021 includes upgrades suggested by users, continuous improvements to core features, and exciting new functionality, including Generative Design. With Revit 2021, we are focused on making Revit better for all disciplines centered on three core themes: productivity & ease of use, collaboration & data exchange, and improved visualization.
Highlights Include (click link for more information):
Thank you for reading. You can email email@example.com with any questions you may have.