CIM Project Suite
Automate Routine Tasks, Manage Files and Much More
This product will work in Civil 3D 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Civil 3D users, both Civil and Survey, will find great value in the CIM Project Suite. With tools for Corridors, Pipe Networks, legends, sheet creation, surveying, and Layer management, users of all levels will benefit.
- Improve sheet management with dynamic plan and profile sheet layouts and automatic legends
- Better manage Corridors with Target automation, Corridor Splitting and Corridor Merging
- Work more efficiently with Pipe Networks using a dynamic pipe run designer, multiple Part swapping, and manhole schedule automation
- Effectively manage multiple survey code standards, improve Survey Database workflows, and automate data prep for construction staking
* Free tool
- Feature Line to Alignment*
- Assembly Namer*
- Parts Swapper*
- Survey Sweeper*
- Corridor Cleanup
- Corridor Mapper
- Corridor Merger
- Corridor Splitter
- Data Wizard
- Layer Trace
- Parts Tagger
- Pipe Designer
- Point File Converter
- Sheet Generator
Feature Line to Alignment
Created for all Civil 3D users, this tool provides a much-needed data-conversion method in Civil 3D. It generates an Alignment and Layout Profile from a Feature Line. Used by Surveyor’s to stakeout site Feature Lines such as curb, or designers needing data conversions without need for redrawing, this tool is highly valuable in all Civil 3D workflows.
- Convert Feature Lines and Survey Figures to Alignments and Profiles
- Improve workflows for Construction Staking and general data conversion
Introduction to Feature Line to Alignment
Organizing Corridor Assemblies can be a tedious task, requiring manual labeling of Assemblies to identify their use. Assembly Namer will automatically insert an MText Object calling out the Assembly name at a user-defined location, on any or all Assemblies in the drawing. The name is linked to the Assembly through an AutoCAD field, which creates a dynamic link between the text and the name of the Assembly itself, updating when the Assembly updates.
- Automatically label Assemblies to help organize your drawing in Model Space
- Inserts dynamic MText labeling Assembly name at a user-defined location
Introduction to Assembly Namer
Built for all Civil 3D Pipe Network users, this tool allows the swapping of multiple parts, both Structures and Pipes, for alternatives. Users can select parts in Plan, Profile View, or by Pipe Network name. Parts will be swapped similar to the native Swap Parts command, but allows it to be performed on multiple parts at a time.
- Swap multiple Parts, both Pipes and Structures, in a single command
- Select in Plan, Profile View or by Pipe Network
- Update entire sections of your Pipe Networks at once
Introduction to Parts Swapper
Built for the Survey Civil 3D user, this tool takes the tedium out of working with Survey Databases. It will simultaneously delete selected Survey Points and Survey Figures from drawings and Survey Databases. Users will find this a big time saver when deleting unwanted data generated through Linework Processing, or other common missteps in working with Survey Databases.
- Simultaneously delete selected Survey Points and Figures in drawings AND Survey Databases
- Automate typically tedious processes to keep your Databases and Drawings in sync
Introduction to Survey Sweeper
Designed for the savvy Civil 3D Corridor user, this tool addresses Corridor management. Users can select multiple Corridors, Baselines, and Regions, and in one click, remove all Surface, Width, and/or Slope Targets. This tool will help users quickly reconstruct their Corridor Regions without the need for tedious Target Removal or deleting the Corridor or Regions.
- Automatically remove Corridor Targets from one or more Corridors, Baselines, or Regions
- Drastically improves Corridor updating and management time
Introduction to Corridor Cleanup
The Corridor Mapper will allow for Corridor Targets to be automatically assigned by mapping Layers to Subassemblies. Once users define a “mapping” for a given Corridor they can simply create Target objects on those layers. By updating the mapping, the Corridor will automatically assign those Targets to the apporpriate Subassemblies and rebuild. This tool completely replaces the native Target Mapping dialog box with a much more dynamic and powerful option.
- Automatically assign Corridor Targets by mapping Layers to Subassemblies
- Maintain a dynamic link between mapped Layers to Subassemblies
- Continue to draw Target objects and automatically assign Targets with previously mapped Layers
- Automatically rename Layers to match Subassemblies, or vice versa
Introduction to Corridor Mapper
The Corridor Merger will combine multiple Corridors into one. All Corridor Baseline and Region definitions will merge into one Corridor, including Assemblies, Station Limits, Frequency, Targets, and Overrides. Users have options to create Surfaces based on previously defined Surface definitions. Scope change, large files and user access management are now easily solved with Corridor Merger and Splitter.
- Merge two or more Corridors into one
- Maintain all Targets and Settings from merged Corridors
- Create merged Surfaces from merged Corridors
Introduction to Corridor Merger
This tool allows a single Corridor to be split into two Corridors. All original Corridor Properties, including Targets, Frequencies, Surfaces, and more, will remain intact, saving tons of time. The user can select which Regions and Baselines will belong to which Corridor. Users have additional options to rename the new Corridor Names, as well as the Baseline and Region Names. Scope change, large files and user access management are now easily solved with Corridor Splitter and Corridor Merger.
- Split one Corridor into two, maintaining all settings and surfaces
- Speed up Corridor management time
Introduction to Corridor Splitter
Data Wizard creates project-specific legends and quantity takeoffs of both AutoCAD and Civil 3D objects. Data Wizard will scan one or more drawings for all point, line and/or area-type objects, and create a dynamic AutoCAD Table, including text and symbology that’s typically shown. Objects can include Blocks, Cogo & Survey, Points, Multileaders, Hatches, Lines, 2D & 3D Polylines, Survey Figures, Feature Lines, Parcel Segments, and Alignments. Legend and quantify takeoff settings can be saved in different templates for quick and easy execution by end users.
- Creates project-specific legends or quantity takeoffs of AutoCAD and Civil 3D objects
- Scan for chosen object types within one drawing, a single sheet or an entire project
- Objects include all AutoCAD and Civil 3D point, line and area-type objects
- Save template files for easy creation of legends or takeoffs in the future
Introduction to Data Wizard
Layer and Styles management in Civil 3D can be a tedious process. This tool will allow the tracking of Layers referenced in Civil 3D Styles. This is a great benefit for performing template (.dwt) maintenance and updating, as well as for keeping project drawings clean and organized. Upon choosing a given layer, the tool will show all Styles that use that Layer. The user can then choose to swap out that Layer for another (with one or more Styles), or to edit a Style’s Layers right within the tool. The user can then purge Styles if no reference, and/or delete layers if there are no other references.
- Easily visualize the complicated connection between Layers
- Automatically swap or purge Layers from Styles
Introduction to Layer Trace
Tabling and Labeling of important Pipe Network Structure or Pipe Part data, such as Grate or Casting, can be a tedious process. Users must manually enter these values in each Part’s Properties dialog box. This tool provides an interface to push user-defined values for Grate, Cover, Frame, and Material to multiple Structures in a single command. This makes creation of Manhole Schedules much faster. Pipes can now have their Reference Surface, Reference Alignment, and Description modified with the latest update.
- Populate grate, casting, and other values to multiple Pipes and Structures at once
- Helps automate detailed Pipe/Manhole Schedules and Pipe/Structure Labeling
- Quickly assign or reassign the Reference Surface and Reference Alignment for both Pipes and Structures
Introduction to Parts Tagger
Built for all Civil 3D Pipe Network users, this tool facilitates Network design inside Civil 3D drawings with a spreadsheet editor. It allows the user to design entire Pipe Network runs by specifying slopes, invert drops, and other values, to edit multiple parts at once. User can design upstream, downstream, or both. Additional information such as Pipe Network Rule Violations, Pipe cover reporting and Structure height calculations also help verify the design.
- Design entire Pipe Network runs with a spreadsheet editor inside Civil 3D
- Design by slope or invert, match pipes by crown or invert, and lock key values
- Zoom to any part in any location in the drawing
Introduction to Pipe Designer
Point File Converter
Convert Survey point files from one code list to another, allowing field work in one code list, and CAD processing in another. Through a simple Excel “translation file” that spells out the code conversions, the tool will read the conversions and apply them to one or more point files. Line work codes, as well as prefixes and suffixes in coding are all accounted for.
- Convert survey point files from one code list to another in less than a second
- Create easy Excel “translation files” to spell out the conversion between coding standards
- Accounts for line work codes, as well prefixes and suffixes in the point file
- Works with common point file types (.csv, .txt, etc.)
Introduction to Point File Converter
Sheet Generator will create Plan and/or Profile sheets, similar to the native Viewframes toolset, but allows dynamic updating of sheets. Users will be able to create “Viewshapes” in Modelspace, then edit them and “push” changes to sheets. Viewport size and position, Profile Views, north arrow rotation, sheet numbering, Matchline text and more, are all dynamically linked to Modelspace “Viewshapes”.
- Create dynamically-linked Plan and/or Profile sheets
- Update sheets by editing “Viewshapes” in Modelspace
- Automatic updating of Viewports, Profiles Views, Sheet Set Fields, Matchlines, and more
- Automatic Profile Matchline placement & setting of Profile Station/Elevation
Introduction to Sheet Generator
Workflows & Solutions | See All
It is that time of year again. AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT and AutoCAD with Specialized Toolsets 2021 are out now! All other Autodesk 2021...