How To Backup AutoCAD Custom Settings
ATG Senior Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist Angela shares everything you need to know about how to back up your AutoCAD custom user settings in the following blog.
1) Create a new “AutoCAD (version/release year) Backups” folder in any location of your choice
2) Make a zip file of your custom settings:
- With AutoCAD closed, just open the Windows Start button
- Locate the folder for your latest working version and release of AutoCAD, look for a button in there called “export AutoCAD (version/release year) settings and click it
- Follow the prompts to save the zip file to a location of your choice
3) Create and export a new AutoCAD Profile:
- Open the new version of AutoCAD, go into the “options” menu (command: OPTIONS) and the “profiles” tab
- Create a new AutoCAD Profile- Click “add to list” give it a name, click “apply and close” highlight it, click “set current”
- Export the new AutoCAD Profile- Highlight the new profile name, click export, name the file (.arg), choose a location and save it
4) Back up your app data folders with Windows File Explorer:
- Copy the roaming folder for the source version/release (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\[Version & Release Year]) and paste it into your “AutoCAD backups” folder
- Copy the local folder for the source version/release (C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\[Version & Release Year]) and paste it into your new “AutoCAD” backups folder
If you have any questions or if you need assistance, please let us know. If you are a current client of ATG, you can request technical support by calling 1-888-615-0677 or emailing to: email@example.com.
Applied Technology Group is a Platinum Autodesk Business Partner. Founded in North Little Rock, Ark., in 1992 as a local computer services company, ATG has grown to become a leading design technology partner with the purpose of assisting customers in maximizing the value and adoption of advanced technologies so they can perform competitively in the AEC sector. ATG collaborates with customers across the Gulf South, Midwest and Southwest through partnerships with 3DR, Autodesk, Leica, Microsoft and Panzura. Learn more about our company at www.atgusa.com. Autodesk and the Autodesk logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries.