BIM Manager Suite is intended for Autodesk Revit users that manage the company’s BIM standards and project templates. The BIM Manager suite includes 10 tools, Each of which will save time and reduce errors in Revit projects. To see these tools, click on the ‘Tools’ button.
To see pricing information or to purchase, click on the pricing link. You can also download a free trial of the BIM Manager Suite for 14 days. After the trial period, the free tools will continue to work. Network floating licenses, standalone licenses and upgrades are available.
You can also contact us and let us know what you’d like to see in the Manager Suite.
* – free tool
The Best Collection of Family Creation Utilities
Family Tools makes it easy to work with files commonly used to create Revit Families. Delete the “backup” files Revit creates when working on families.
The Pain Point
This is a collection of utilities to assist with otherwise tedious tasks such as cleaning backup files out of your family library, comparing and merging shared parameter files, or identifying the version of a family file with out opening it Revit.
DELETE BACKUP FILES:
Shared parameter files are specially-formatted text files that define the names and data types for special parameters that are used in Revit. This tab makes it easy to see the difference between two shared parameter files.
MERGE SHARED PARAMETERS:
This tool takes care of things like ensuring the parameter from the source file ends up in the correct group in the destination file, even if the group ID’s in the files are different. It also prevents the importing of parameters from the source file that are in conflict with existing parameters in the destination file.
Prepare Projects For Consultants
A tool that deletes views, sheets and Revit Links. Lighten models consultants before linking them into your projects. Removing information from a Revit model is important to protect intellectual property and also to help reduce the file size of models prior to being linked into projects or prior to sending projects to outside consultants.
Project cleaner has 3 tabs which are used to select the views, schedule, sheets and links for removal.
- Check the checkbox next to each element that should be removed.
- Once desired selections have been made on all 3 tabs click the “Remove” button in the toolbar at the top of the dialog. This will remove all items selected on all tabs.
- Before deleting the elements, a confirmation dialog will be displayed.
The options dialog controls default behavior of the add-in and also contains sorting options for the lists of items in the interface.
Manage Your Revision Clouds
This tool removes non-issued revision clouds from your project. List the revision clouds in a project, including the quantity for each. Select which revision clouds to remove or remove all of them.
Revision Cloud Remover deletes all non- issued revision cloud instances from each view in a Revit project.
While the tool does not merge all the revision cloud schedules, the revision cloud information will be removed from the sheets.
REMOVE SELECTED REVISION CLOUDS:
Click on the ribbon button and select the revisions you want to delete from all views in the current project. Clicking ‘Remove’ will complete the process and all selected revisions will be removed.
Easily Identify Dimensions
Dimension checker identifies dimension strings using the dimension override options and presents for review. Additional filter options can be used to narrow the search results.
The first step when using Dimension checker is to select the search options. The three options for filtering search results are “Dimension Value”, “Text Field” and a list of special characters to search for. These options are related directly to the native Revit “Dimension Text” dialog that is used to configure dimension overrides in Revit.
For each dimension the following information is collected and displayed:
- Element ID – The Revit ID of the dimension
- Host View – Which view the dimension is located on
- Segments – List how many dimension lines are of the same value
- Actual Value – The original value of the dimension
- Replace with Text Value – Shows the text value used to replace dimension if configured
- Text Above – Shows text above if configured for the dimension string
- Text Below – Shows text below if configured for the dimension string
- Text Left – Shows prefix text if configured for the dimension string
- Text Right – Shows Suffix text if configured for the dimension string
Ability to Drive Shared Parameters Into Families
Family Processor is a tool that allows you to define one or multiple changes to one or more Revit family files, and then process those changes in batch.
The Pain Point
Making changes to family files is a time consuming manual process. The people with the skills to properly make changes to families are usually in high demand and can’t spare days or weeks of time to manually push changes into their family library.
ADD SHARED AND FAMILY PARAMETERS, AND FOR THOSE NEW PARAMETERS:
- Define whether they are instance or type
- Set their group
- Set or clear their default value or formula
- Define a family parameter’s name and type
CHANGE EXISTING PARAMETERS
- Value – Formula
- Whether they are instance or type
- The Name, for family parameters
- Their group
MODIFY MATERIALS IN SELECTED FAMILIES
- Delete one or more materials, with a special option to delete the default materials
- Create materials
- Change the name, transparency value and basic red, green, and blue values for materials
The ability to automate these tasks with accuracy and consistency can provide enormous time and cost savings, as well as reduce the likelihood of human error inducing mistakes in your families.
Here’s a link to the White Paper
- Revit content families from many sources are difficult and time consuming to validate
- Inconsistent families and standards cause frequent issues in projects
- Process of evaluation is tedious and labor intensive for BIM Managers
- Valuable criteria for evaluation of families sourced from many vendors, manufacturers, contractors and companies is available but difficult to apply
- Comes packaged with established criteria for evalution
- Use on-the-fly to validate families in a project or run on batches of family files
- Optionally choose additional evaluation criteria for manufacturer content
- View evaluation results in the provided spreadsheet or export to Excel
- Check many factors such as parameter naming, geometric constraints, embedded CAD use, file sizes and more
- Run smoother Revit projects with consistent standards and data
- Save hours of management time by automating the process of validating Revit content
- Safely vet hundreds of families without modification
- Analyze multiple aspects of entire libraries of any current Revit version
- Provide higher quality design data and documentation for any project
Schedule Parameter Resolver makes it fast and easy to synchronize multiple schedules with the right parameter information by changing the parameter definitions in the schedule to match the parameters used in families within the project, without losing the schedule formatting.
Swapping types, and even families, is no longer a time-consuming process when using Type Swapper. Discover the simplicity of identifying and deleting duplicates
- Swap duplicate families resulting from copying content from project to project
- Remove duplicate families after swapping types
- Quickly identify and swap line types, text styles & dimension styles.